Monday, July 26, 2010

found another UFO

Yesterday I found another long-time, almost-forgotten WIP or UFO. A little Trip around the World in wallhanging or doll´s quilt size. The sqares are 2 cm finished size. All stips are cut, I only have to cut the squares. I think this is a nice project for our holidays next month, so I put it in this lovely tin case I recently found in a shop in the Netherlands. Isn´t it sweet? It is from DMC, and was full of embroidery thread, patterns for cross-stitch, needles etc.
It´s my official holiday sewing case now! :-)

5 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely fabrics and I love that little case! So adorable!!

syocom said...

so much fun!

Chartreuse Moose said...

Great holiday project and adorable little "to go" box for sewing! Only need a toothbrush and you'll be ready! ;-)

Martha said...

This is going to be a darling little quilt, Steffi. I made a TATW crib quilt once, but I cut all the pieces first, and stitched them together in long diagonal rows. I like your hand pieced technique much better....and I love that little box.

Miri said...

Adorable case! It looks like a sewing lunch box-perfect for small projects.