I had a very productive week and managed to sew five new flowers, completely with the lavender path. Now you can see how this will look when finished. I am very pleased with the results so far, I always wanted to own a GFG with a diamond path.
You can blame the productivity on the weather - it is very hot here since last week, and no end in sight. The only fairly cool room in the house is the living room, so whenever I can, I retire there with my flowers. I also started to press the flowers, only a few at a time, because the iron makes it even hotter.
When finishing the last of these five flowers, I was very excited because I thought it was the last one! But then I realised that I still need two more (and ten half flowers). So it goes on!
I learned some things from this project so far.
1. Do not wait with the pressing until you finished 60 flowers - it is very boring!
2. Don´t try to cut too many hexies at once - it only hurts your hand.
3. Sew the white background hexies to the flowers at once. When you first play with all those pretty and colorful hexies and save the boring white ones for last, it can destroy your motivation.
4. I found a way to sew the flowers a bit more quickly. Unfortunately I discovered this technique only now when I´m almost done. I´ll make a photo when sewing the next flower, and then I´ll show it to you!
Our computer still has some minor problems with the booting and with breakdowns, but at least I can blog again. Thank you all for your last week comments, and don´t be angry with me that I don´t anwer them yet. I´m back again now and try to answer you all, promise! :-)