Wednesday, June 16, 2010

new Flowers for Wednesday

The last seven finished flowers got their white hexies this week.
I laid out all the flowers on our bed (where the finished quilt is intended to lay some day) and realised that I need at least nine more flowers. I found some lavender fabrics that I bought earlier this year, and cutted out new hexies.
For three of them I don´t have a matching solid lavender fabric, I hope I´ll find one. Mine are all too blue-ish. I need one with a little more red in it. I hope that Hubby will drive to the next patchwork shop with me on saturday. Unfortunately we have none here in our town. So we have to drive to the Netherlands, but that´s ok, we like the Netherlands very much, they have so much yummy food and the people are all so nice and friendly. :-) Greetings to all the dutch readers!!!
I start to get a little nervous about the size of the quilt. It will be by far the biggest one I ever made, and I hope that I can manage it.
Before I come to an end, I want to thank you all for your nice comments during the last two weeks. I am very happy about it, and very motivated to finish this quilt. I tried to answer all the comments, but some of you are no-reply-bloggers and I have no e-mail adress to write to. That´s a little sad. So I want to say "Thank You" here! :-)

18 comments:

marion said...

I hope you do find the right colour for the last few flowers. And thanks for the DH who drive us to our quilt shops.

Janet said...

Good luck finding the right fabric. Your flowers are very beautiful and I'm cheering you on.

Jackie said...

Beautiful Wednesday flowers!! I love the lavenders. Just pretty. I really need to get back to my hexies.

Dawn said...

Very pretty. Good luck on the lavender search!

GRANNY'S HOUSE said...

They are lovely and good luck with your search.

Sue said...

Wow! Your flowers just look so lovely. You are moving right along and everything is wonderful:)

pauline said...

I love the lilac colours, very special.

Marion said...

I love the soft coulours! It's becoming a very beautiful garden!

Fiesta said...

great flowers. I love your fabric choices.

Mascha said...

Nice flowers, very nice fabric.

Saskia said...

Lovely flowers. And I like the colors/fabrics you are using.

Tineke said...

o so sweet flowers... yummy!

Raewyn said...

Lovely flowers; and good luck with your fabric hunt. You must have done a lot to nearly have enough for your bed - I look forward to see them all joined up.

Karen said...

So very pretty and I love all your new lavender fabrics. This is going to be a beautiful quilt!

Theresa said...

Good luck finding the right fabric, your flowers are looking wonderful - I do like the lavender shades you're using.

JoraDollfashion said...

I really love your hexies! Such lovely colours. It's going to make a beautiful quilt on your bed!

Best wishes, Joke.
www.jora.punt.nl

Sheila said...

That is going to be a beautiful quilt , such a lovely color theme

Angelika said...

Deine Blumen sehen klasse aus :-) Einige Stoffe kommen mir ziemlich bekannt vor :-)