Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Flowers big and small

Hooray, eight more flowers got their white hexies this week! Sorry for the bad pics, but it´s a bit dark today. The weekend was very hot and sunny, and now it´s cooler and rainy. I like it, and the farmers too, I think.
I also finished this little top. It was another long time UFO, and now at last it´s ready for quilting.
Here you can see how small it is. The little top measures 8 x 9 inches. It´s another miniature for my doll´s house. I used the 1930s fabrics with the smallest prints for it, but they still look quite huge. The hexagons are just a little bit bigger than a quarter of an inch (0.7 cm). The hardest part was holding the tiny cardboard template in place while tracing around it. :-)
And this is the back. :-) Looks like modern threedimensional art or something like that.
This quilt really needs no batting, the seam allowances do the job.

20 comments:

Tineke said...

steffi, dein puppenquilt ist wunderschön! Ich liebe auch die Ruckseite :-)

Jackie said...

Steffi, I just love the flowers! And that miniature quilt is just too cute! Love it!

Martina said...

Dein kleiner Quilt is so hübsch. Toll gemacht. Und du warst ja ganz schön fleissig in deinem schönen Flowergarden!
Viele frohe Stichelstunden
Martina

Marieke (www.tuinliefde.punt.nl) said...

What beautiful flowers: both big and small. Wonderful fabrics and I can't believe how tiny the little ones are!

Mascha said...

Exciting hexagon flowers very warm and beautiful colors.

Saskia said...

Lovely flowers, and I like the little doll quilt. So sweet!
I'm making one too. The same length, but a little bit smaller.

Chartreuse Moose said...

Your new flowers really do look just like something from a sweets shop, yummy colors! The miniture quilt captures my admiration! So tiny, so dear! Wonderful work!

katrien said...

great all your hexies.

Fiesta said...

Fabulous flowers!

merumo said...

I love miniature quilt, OMG yours is really tiny!!! How can you make that!? Your other flowers are also looking nice with fresh colors :)

Sue said...

Wow! Just love your fabrics and you have come a long way. I've yet to add my third round to mine, but it's on the agenda:)

Lovely, lovely

Martha said...

That tiny quilt is wonderful (and I'm so glad you showed the back). Now I am dying to try a teeny tiny flower garden quilt. I made a appliqued doll quilt with hexagons for the flowers, but even those were a bit larger than yours. It sounds like you used a template and a running stitch -- is that correct?

I didn't mean to ignore your larger FG blocks -- of course, they're beautiful as well. I love the fabrics you have chosen.

martine said...

I have never tried such little ones but they are so sweet.
I also love the fabric you use.

Karen said...

Lovely flowers and a wonderful mini! So, so small!!

Sheila said...

I love that little mini , I can't even imagine sewing such small little pieces but it seems it was worth all that work .

pajudie said...

Wow, love your hexies. And the little quilt is fabulous!!

call me crazy said...

Wow those are the cutest little hex's I have ever seen! Great job! :-)

Theresa said...

Wow, your miniature quilt is fantastic Steffi! The big hexagons are looking wonderful with their white surroundings.

Marcia said...

Wow! That was alot of tedious work/labor of love... Beautiful!

jan said...

Hi! I just popped over from Q is for Quilter. Your tiny quilt is really amazing! I am going to have a look around to see if you have photos of the doll house posted! I'll bet it is amazing!