Tuesday, June 15, 2010

the best Letter in the World and more...

A few days ago I received the best of all letters from Martha of Q is for Quilter. She sent me some scraps of vintage 30s fabrics in awesome colours and designs. Just look at the blue one in the front of the picture! I love it! I love them all! Thank you so much, Martha, you really made my day! I hope you received my e-mail!

I don´t know what I will do with them by now, I think I will admire them for a while, look at them, play with them, think about their history...and some day I´ll find the perfect project to use them.
Martha, here are some virtual flowers for you:
I don´t know the english name of these flowers, maybe somebody can help me? In german they are called "Tausendschön". They were my grandpa´s favorite flowers, and I love them, too.
We had young blackbirds in the garden yesterday, I think it was their first day out of the nest. Too cute!

And I was busy cutting hexagons again, but more of this tomorrow, when it is Wednesday again...;-)

5 comments:

Martha said...

I'm so pleased you liked the fabrics, Steffi, and I hope you will be able to incorporate them into one of your beautiful quilts.

Jodi said...

Steffi, the English name of the flowers is Sweet William. They are beautiful, and so are your "new" vintage fabrics, which really are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pics, and of your little Blackbird!

Chartreuse Moose said...

I love you blog! The Grandmothers Flower Garden photo in corner is so beautiful! Oh, what fun you'll have with your new fabrics! As you said...wouldn't you love to know the history...who wore clothing of each piece or what the original pieces created? Such joy!
Cute baby bird, lovely photo!

RETRO-fabulous said...

Ooh I love sweet william, too! What fun mail!!!
Heather =)

Hen said...

Ye, they are sweet william, really abundant here in England at the moment, I just bought some today. Lucky you with those delicious fabric scraps - look forward to seeing what you make with them.
Hen x